Chicken Paper Plate Craft
Are you looking for a fun craft project? Look no further than this cute chicken paper plate craft! The materials you need are inexpensive and easy to find, including paper plates, crayons, and scissors.
Need more chick activities? Take a look at this list of Chicken Activities for Kids!
Kids can have creative freedom in designing their own unique chickens with vivid colors or interesting shapes. Not only does this activity provide an opportunity for crafting skills but it also promotes creativity and self-expression for young children.
Kids should learn about chickens because they are a source of sustenance and nutrition, as well as fun and interesting pet animals. Knowing about chickens can help children understand the basics of animal care, such as proper feeding habits and cage maintenance.
Additionally, learning about how to raise chickens from egg to adulthood can provide valuable insight into the life cycle of animals.
Finally, getting to know chickens can also bring joy to kids as they observe their behavior and habits, creating lasting memories that they may carry with them throughout their lives.
Take some time to visit a local farm or petting zoo to see them in person.
This post may contain affiliate links meaning I get commissions for purchases made through links in this post. Read my disclosure policy here.
Recommended Chicken Books
Reading books provides numerous benefits for children. It helps boost their imagination and creativity, encourages awareness of their surroundings, and helps establish good study habits.
Reading also establishes a habit of critical thinking and increases empathy as they learn to recognize different perspectives which is why these Chicken books are perfect for your kids.
Count Your ChickensChicks! (Step into Reading)All Things Chickens For Kids: Filled With Plenty of Facts, Photos, and Fun to Learn all About ChickensHow to Speak Chicken: Why Your Chickens Do What They Do & Say What They SayChickenology: The Ultimate Encyclopedia (The Farm Animal Series)Facts About the Chicken (A Picture Book For Kids)
Recommended Farm Animal Worksheets
Junior Scientist Science Study: Chicken Life Cycle
What came first – the chicken or the egg? Although that’s a tricky question, your little learner will love learning about the chicken life cycle!
Junior Scientist Science Study: Farm Animals
Do you have a child who loves farm animals? This Junior Scientist Science Study: Farm Animals is perfect for your little animal lover who is in kindergarten to grade 2.
Recommended Chicken Educational Toys and Puzzles
These Chicken Toy kits are great for your kids to love and appreciate chickens! They will learn more about the animal and expand their imagination by playing with these fun toys.
Jigsaws Puzzle Toys for Kids, Early Development & Activity ToysIkubigu 4 PCS Chicken Life Cycle Figurines, Realistic Animal Growth Cycle Figures Toy KitKid Advance Montessori Chicken Life Cycle PuzzleTender Leaf Toys – Chicken Coop Play Set for KidsChicken Animal Toy Doll Laying Egg Electric Crazy Plush Chicken with Sound MusicMontessori Wooden Puzzles
Chicken Paper Plate Craft Supplies
Prepare all the needed materials for this excellent chicken paper plate craft activity.
- Printer (I have this one)
- Sheets of Construction Paper
- Cardstock Paper
- Glue Stick
- Paper Plate
- Acrylic Paint
Chicken Craft Instructions
1. Using the paintbrush, cover the paper plate with yellow acrylic paint.
2. Print the template and cut them out and cut it out to create the face of your chicken.
3. Use the gluestick to attach the parts of the face together.
4. Draw an outline around the painted paper plate using the black pen to emphasize the chicken’s face.
Chicken Paper Plate Craft
This is a great activity for you and your kids to have fun and learn a lot about the amazing chickens!
- 3 sheets of construction paper (yellow, light pink, and red)
- Cardstock Paper
- Stick Glue / Glue Stick
- Paper Plate
- Acrylic Paint (lemon yellow)
- Using the paintbrush, cover the paper plate with yellow acrylic paint. Let it dry completely.
- While waiting for the paint to dry, print the template and cut them out. You may now paste the pieces to the correct paper colors. Red for the comb and wattle, pink for the cheeks, and yellow for the beak. Use a black pen to draw the eyes.
- Once the yellow paint has dried, you may now attach the corresponding parts to complete the chicken’s face.
- To attach the chicken’s comb, cut the upper part of the paper plate to create a slit for the chicken’s comb to fit into. Use the glue stick to attach it together.
- Enhance the craft by drawing an outline around the painted paper plate using the black pen. It will give it a neat look!
1. Assist your little one when using the scissors and the paint.
2. For you to achieve your desired outcome as shown in the pictures, you have to choose the proper materials and color.
3. Let your kids enjoy the activity and allow them to use their creativity! They may create something better!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
You are now done! You have made your very own chicken paper plate craft. Your kids will have a lot of fun making this craft with you so try it out now!
Download the Chicken Paper Plate Craft below
Print out this template to create your very own paper plate chicken, the perfect craft for the spring season.
More Chicken Activities
Chicken Activities for Preschoolers
Chicken Life Cycle Activities for Preschool
Chicken Life Cycle Worksheets for Kids
Chicken Books for Kindergarten
Free Printable Little Red Hen Sequencing Cards by Homeschool Preschool
Handprint Chicken Craft by Simple Everyday Mom