Rainbows are one of my favorite natural magic shows, if you will. Multiple things have to happen in order for those art shows in the sky to appear. Rain & Sun, which is a miracle on it’s own, but then to have something as colorful and miraculous as a rainbow appear as well? How are we so lucky? It is most common to see half rainbows, right? So when you see a full rainbow, all across the sky it is literally your lucky day. At least I like to think so, and it brings a huge smile to my face. My kids’ reactions to it is pretty adorable as well! So when my kids ask to make multiple colors of dough or play foam, I always shoot for a rainbow of colors. Just like with this super fun Rainbow Foam Dough. This stuff is not only visually appealing, with all the fantastic colors, but is also incredibly fun to play with.
Rainbow Foam Dough
Have you ever felt foam dough before? It is so smooth and almost creamy, yet tough enough to squish and squeeze. It is one of the easiest sensory doughs that can be made at home. This is why when we decided to make a rainbow of colors, I had no problem doing so. It literally took us moments to make the whole batch!
Ingredients per color:
- 1/2 cup original Barbasol shaving cream
- 1/2 cup corn starch
- Food coloring
1. In a small mixing bowl, combine your shaving cream and a few drops of food coloring and mix well.
2. Mix in your corn starch and mold with your hands.
3. Repeat steps 1-2 with every color, it’s that easy!
Sensory & Development Benefits
Not only is this Rainbow Foam Dough fun to play with but it has many sensory and development benefits as well. Including:
- Fine Motor Skill Development & Strengthens Hand Muscles
- Encourages Creativity & Imagination
- Assists With The Growth Of Hand Eye Coordination
- Promotes Play
- Can Be Calming