We played a game once when I wanted my son to get ideas for writing sentences. It was a blast! He was having so much fun that he learned to write sentences in no time! Now, we have made another fun sentence starters activity with printable cards that you can get for your kids, too.
Fun Sentence Starters Activity
Let me warn you: these sentence starters are funny. We laughed and laughed as we turned the cards over and read what the cards said.
Remember the three basics of a complete sentence:
- A complete sentence begins with a capital letter.
- A complete sentence ends in punctuation (period, question mark or exclamation point).
- And a complete sentence makes sense (it conveys a complete thought).
Printable Fun Sentence Starters Cards
How to play:
- Print this printable on cardstock and in color and cut the cards.
- Set up three stacks of cards (included in this printable): light purple, light blue and light orange. The light purple cards have the subjects. The light blur cards have the verbs in past tense. And the light orange have the predicate.
- You can put the three stacks face down like we did or you can use 3 bowl or jars to put the three stacks in.
- The child will turn on of each of the three cards as a sentence starter set.
- The child will read the sentence and write it down as a complete sentence on a piece of paper (follow the three steps for a complete sentence listed above).
- Repeat steps 2-5 until all the cards are used up.
- Optional: Shuffle the stacks separately, stack face down again and repeat the activity.
Now it’s your turn!
Also the Fun and Easy Sentence Starters