Do you have a shark-love kid? Sharks are one of the most feared and misunderstood animals on the planet. But when you take the time to learn about them, you realize that they’re actually quite fascinating creatures.
We’d like to share with you this fun shark sensory bin that your kid will surely enjoy. We want to help everyone learn more about these amazing animals and have some fun while doing it!
Love this shark idea? See this list of fun shark activities for kids.
Read this post to learn more about sharks and how to make a shark sensory bin for your kid.
Looking for a fun, hands-on activity for your kids? Why not try making a DIY shark sensory bin! This sensory bin is perfect for ocean-themed play, and it’s sure to keep your little ones entertained for hours.
If you love this activity, you have to try these Animal Activities for Kids, too.
Learning about sharks can be a great way to introduce kids to the wonders of the ocean and the animal kingdom.
And what better way to do it than with a sharks sensory bin activity?
This activity is perfect for kids who are interested in sharks and the ocean. It helps them to learn about different sharks, their life cycle, and their habitat. Plus, it’s a lot of fun!
Looking for more shark activities for your kindergartener? Check out this list of cool and exciting Shark Activities for Kindergarten.
This post may contain affiliate links meaning I get commissions for purchases made through links in this post. Read my disclosure policy here.
Recommended Shark Books for Kids
Looking for shark books? Get these awesome books for your shark-love kid! He’ll be super happy reading facts and stories about his favorite ocean animal.
So Cool! Sharks (So Cool/So Cute)Save the Sharks (Save the Earth)Shark Lady: The True Story of How Eugenie Clark Became the Ocean’s Most Fearless Scientist (Women in Science Books, Marine Biology for Kids, Shark Gifts)Hark! A Shark!: All About Sharks (Cat in the Hat’s Learning Library)Super Shark Encyclopedia: And Other Creatures of the Deep (Super Encyclopedias)How to Make a Shark Smile: How a Positive Mindset Spreads Happiness
Recommended Shark Activity Kits
Shark Sensory Bin Supplies
- A plastin bin or container
- Water beads or blue gel beads (to represent water)
- Shark toys
- Shark books (optional)
- Prepare the water beads according to the directions on the package.
2. For this sensory bin, I added 1 tablespoon of water beads to ½ gallon of clean water. (makes approx. cups of beads once fully grown.) The water beads took up to 8 hours to reach full size.
3. Use a colander to remove any extra water from the bowl used to prepare the water beads.
4. Carefully pour the water beads into the sensory bin.
5. Add the toys and sensory bin objects. Allow the child time to explore the contents of the sensory bin and get creative with play while doing so!
6. If you want, you can also add some Shark Books for Kids to the mix. That way, kids can read about sharks while they’re playing with them and learn about the different types of sharks.
That’s it! This activity is sure to be a hit with any shark lover!
If your kids love sharks, they’ll love this label the shark worksheet.
Will you try to make this sensory bin about sharks? If you have a shark fan, this will be a huge hit for your little one.
If you’re looking for a gift for your little one who loves sharks, you can get ideas from my list of Shark Gifts for Kids.
More Shark Activities
If you want more shark activities to add to your ocean studies, check out the links below to extend this sensory bin activity and learn more about these fascinating creatures.
Prepare some coloring materials and help your kids express their creativity with these shark coloring pages for kids.
Fun Shark Crafts for Kids by Artsy Momma