This shark paper plate craft is the perfect way to kick off your kid’s summer while engaging in some creative arts and crafts time! With an easy step-by-step guide and all you need to know about making your shark paper plate out of simple supplies like construction paper, glue, and the star of the show – paper plates!
If your kids are ocean lovers and fans of this majestic beast, they will surely love these shark activities for kids, so make sure to include them in your fun list of ocean activities!
Let’s dive into the deep water with these ocean predators with this creative paper plate craft!
This post may contain affiliate links meaning I get commissions for purchases made through links in this post. Read my disclosure policy here.
Shark Paper Plate Craft Supplies
These art supplies are super easy to find, you probably already have some of these in your home! Your kids will never be bored making this colorful shark craft while learning fun facts about their favorite apex predators!
- Colored papers (orange, black, and light blue)
- Paper plate
- White pen
- Glue stick
- Abaca twine (green)
Recommended Shark Books
Sharks are the top tier predator in the seas, and although they are a bit scary, they play an enormous role in the ocean’s balance of the ecosystem, introduce sharks to your kids and add them to your reading list.
Super Shark Encyclopedia: And Other Creatures of the Deep (DK Super Nature Encyclopedias)National Geographic Kids Sharks Sticker Activity Book: Over 1,000 Stickers! (NG Sticker Activity Books)Stella : The Shark Who Loves Treasure (Ocean Tales Children’s Books)Hark! A Shark!: All About Sharks (Cat in the Hat’s Learning Library)National Geographic Readers: Sharks!: 100 Fun Facts About These Fin-Tastic FishHello, World! Kids’ Guides: Exploring Sharks
Recommended Ocean Activity Kits
This printable pack is full of ocean exciting pages of fun facts about sharks! These printable pages include colored illustrations, coloring pages, and puzzles about your child’s favorite apex predators!
If you are looking for homeschool ocean activities for your kids, these worksheets are perfect for kids who are fascinated with ocean animals! If you have children in grades 1 to 3, they’ll surely enjoy this learning pack full of illustrations, and coloring pages about their favorite sea creatures!
If you have younger kids, they may enjoy this Baby Shark Craft.
Recommended Shark Toys
Another great way to introduce sharks to your children is while they are enjoying and having the best time playing! These recommended shark toys are perfect for your little science lovers at home.
Shark Week Discovery – 20 Pieces Premium Collectable Shark Toy Playset, Great White Shark, Mako, HammerheadINvench Shark Grabber Baby Bath Toys – Blue Shark with Teeth Biting Action Include 4 Toy FishToymany 6PCS 5-6YoYa Toys Aqua Rings Shark Handheld Water Game for Kids – Retro Toys and Nostalgic Car ActivitiesLEGO Technic Monster Jam Megalodon 42134 Set – 2 in 1 Pull Back Shark Truck to Lusca Low Racer Car ToySpin Master Games Pinkfong Baby Shark Let’s Go Hunt Musical Fishing Game
How to Make a Shark Paper Plate Craft
Crafting activities bring out your kid’s creativity and enhance motor skills, organizational skills, and self-expression. They will have lots of fun making this beautiful piece of science craft while learning all about their favorite ocean animal.
To make your paper plate shark craft, you can first prepare your paper plate background.
Cut the pieces, glue them together, make adjustments here and there, and voila! You now have a lovely ocean background for your shark!
You can use the printable template for your shark’s body parts! You can finish off your shark’s overall look by drawing the eyes, mouth, and gills using your white pen marker!
Make your ocean more colorful using the other orange fishes included in the template, add the green twine to make it look like live seaweeds!
Finalize your shark paper plate craft by attaching your shark to the popsicle stick using a glue stick, and placing the shark on top of the make-believe ocean scene you made earlier, and it’s done!
Here’s your finished paper plate shark! Enjoy!
- Be careful when using sharp objects like scissors!
- Glue sticks can be hot when melted, be sure to be extra careful when using them.
- Make your paper plate shark as colorful as you like! You can add more seaweeds, or fish using extra colored paper at home.
- Colored papers (orange, black and light blue)
- Paper plate
- White pen
- Glue Sticks
- Green Abaca Twine
- Using your paper plate, start recreating your shark's habitat by cutting a semi-circle inside of it.
- Your light blue colored paper will serve as your ocean, cut some curvy line in it and attach it using glue onto the paper plate.
- Use the template, and cut the shark body parts using a pair of scissors. There are also other orange fish included that you can use later.
- Attach your shark's fin to its back part and use your white pen marker to draw the mouth, eyes, and the shark's body of your shark. Once your shark is done, attach it to your popsicle stick.
- Create a slit out of the light blue construction paper's curvy part and insert the popsicle stick to check if it fits.
- Create seaweed out of your green abaca twines and attach them to your light blue colored paper.
- Add the two small orange fish to your light blue construction paper to imitate the ocean sea floors.
- To finish your paper plate craft, attach your popsicle stick shark to your make-believe ocean paper plate and you're done! Great work!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
This shark paper plate craft is definitely a fun activity to do with your ocean lover kids. It will encourage their imagination, creativity, and fine motor skills. And more than that, it provides an opportunity to teach them about sharks and their importance in our world!
So, grab some paper plates, scissors, and construction paper, and get started with your children today!
Download your shark template here
Go ahead and print out the shark template to get started with your shark craft, your kids will have a blast with this.
More Shark Activities
Shark the Clark Printables by Homeschool Preschool
Shark Week Fast Facts by 3 Boys and a Dog