I love homeschooling my kids, but sometimes we get wrapped up in the mundane that we forget to be positive. During our days, I want to make more of an effort to praise my kids for a job well done. The problem is I run out of things to say. I plan on printing out this list and keeping it close by.
- You did a great job working independently by yourself.
- Thank you so much for helping your brother with his school work.
- When you’re finished, you can pick something for free time because you’re working so well by yourself.
- You are doing great working on that project and staying on task.
- Keep up the good work and you can pick our next field trip location.
- Don’t worry, you will get it in no time.
- Try not to be sad, you tried really hard.
- I liked how you worked so diligently on that project.
- You are really good at doing that, I’m so proud of you.
- Thank you for being awesome.
- Wow, you did this all by yourself? Amazing!
- I appreciate the thoughtfulness of what you just did.
- That’s okay! You tried so hard.
- Can you try to get through this? You’re a rockstar.
- I know you’re tired, let’s come back to this later.
- I can’t believe how talented you are in math.
- Thank you for showing your sibling how that worked.
- Wow, I couldn’t do this without you.
- Let’s talk through it. We can do this.
- Don’t worry about it, you tried your hardest.
- Hey, there’s always tomorrow.
- I couldn’t be prouder of you.
- You already know that? Wow, I’m impressed!
- I’ve never seen you work so hard at something, great job.
- You have a wild imagination and I love it.
- I love the way you think.
- Don’t worry, we have plenty of time to get this concept down.
- Don’t be hard on yourself, you will get this in no time.
- The way you have improved in your reading is mind-blowing.
- You used your time so wisely.
You no longer have to feel negative during your homeschooling day. You can reach for the positive and have a better day. Kids need to hear the good stuff each and every day. It’ll be a while before you run out of things to say to your kids during your homeschooling days.
Another (home) school year is upon us!
Some of you may have already started your year, or some of you might school all year long, or some of you might be making those final curriculum decisions before your new year starts. Whatever boat you are in, I’m sure you could use a little extra money for homeschool curriculum or resources. Am I right?
I’ve gotten together with some fellow homeschool bloggers and we are pooling our money together to bless two homeschool families with a gift card to spend on their homeschools. How does $250 sound in helping you buy curriculum, books, games, puzzles, or whatever educational supplies you might need? Two people will win a $250 gift card to Timberdoodle!!
To enter for your chance to win, simply use the Rafflecopter form below to enter. Now I know that is quite a few entries for you, but each of these bloggers generously chipped in their own money to bring you this giveaway, so I hope you will take the time to do all of the entries. And hey, the more entries you do, the better your odds are of winning!
Giveaway ends Aug. 15, 2018 at 11:59pm ET. Must be at least 18 years of age. Must be a resident of U.S. or Canada to enter. Selected winners will have 48 hours to respond to email notification to claim their prizes or another winner will be drawn. By entering this giveaway, you agree to be added to the email lists of the participating bloggers. Please be sure to read the Terms & Conditions upon entering the giveaway.