Homeschool Curriculum Research printable to plan and see what sites I use to buy used books. The best homeschool curriculum for you will be the one that works for your family and actually gets done. You can have two of the best curricula out there but if you don’t have the time to teach it, it doesn’t do you any good. Things to consider before you purchase new homeschool curriculumNow that you’ve figured out how your child learns, what curricula should you use? There is so much homeschool material out there that this may seem overwhelming. Relax, you will need to narrow down you search though, but give yourself time, no need to rush in. I’m a nerd so I started a spreadsheet with all of the curriculum I was interested in and priced them on Amazon and local retailers and then I tried to look for them used. You can grab my
- Will you be using secular or christian material?
- What is you homeschool budget?
- Decide what subjects you will be teaching and check your state/province’s homeschool regulations (if any)
- Define goals for your child in each subject
- Read reviews on the homeschool material – I recommend 102 Top picks for homeschool curriculum by Cathy Duffy and there are numerous homeschool forums (The Well-Trained Mind Forum and Homeschool Reviews)
- Attend a homeschool convention – vendors there display all their materials and you get a first hand look at the materials – if you are unable visit, the vendors’ site usually have samples of their materials
- Local homeschool groups may also have used curriculum sales