Slime is all the things and more right now, isn’t it? I mean there are so many different varieties, the possibilities are practically endless. We have our rainbow slime, glitter slime, and so much more!
Kids seem to never get bored and never have enough! Making slime is not difficult. It gets to the point that even some kids can even make it on their own! Yes, it can make a mess but it is an easily cleaned up mess. One thing that I love about slime is that it can be such a calming and centering activity for kids.
So grab lots of our other easy slime recipes too.
When they need a break from learning or need some extra sensory in their lives, slime is where it’s at. For this slime recipe, I took it one step further. Have you ever seen the calming effect that lavender can have on anyone, but kids in particular? It is wonderful!
Lavender has a way of centering anyone who comes into contact with it. Essential oils are a fantastic way to include this scent into the slime and in turn helping kids calm down naturally.
This is my favorite Aromatherapy Lavender Slime recipe is the best around!
Lavender Slime Ingredients
- 1/2 cup Elmer’s craft glue
- 1/2 teaspoon borax
- 1 cup hot water, divided
- Purple liquid soap colorant or food coloring
- Therapeutic grade lavender essential oil
- Extra fine purple glitter
1. In a small mixing bowl, combine a 1/2 cup of glue with 1/2 cup of hot water and mix well.
2. Mix in a few drops of your purple coloring and purple glitter and mix until evenly combined.
3. Mix in 3 drops of lavender essential oil.
4. Mix a 1/2 teaspoon of borax into your remaining 1/2 cup of hot water and stir until the borax is mostly dissolved.
5. Now pour the borax water into your purple glue mixture and stir (ingredients should start coming together quickly to form slime).
6. Pour out the excess water, remove the slime from the bowl and knead the slime in your hands.
*do not eat, supervise children while playing