This post may contain affiliate links meaning I get commissions for purchases made through links in this post.
Read my disclosure policy here.
My son will be studying oceans so I compiled a list of resources we’ll be using. My have a full blown ocean lover and he’s in the fun age where he’s so enthusiastic about the world around him. He loves sharks and whales and loves any movies related to the ocean. He’s such an animal lover and wants to know everything about them.
I often visit the library for all of our books so I can only go with what is available then which takes some planning.
Graphics by Prettygrafik.com
- Under the Sea Lacing Cards
- Under the Sea Counting Mats
- Under the Sea Counting Cards
- Under the Sea Coloring Pages
- Sea Animal Coloring Pages from Easy Peasy Fun
- Ocean Animal Preschool Pack from Easy Peasy Fun
- Dolphin Coloring Pages from Easy Peasy Fun
- Fish Coloring Pages from Itsy Bitsy Fun
- Oceans preschool pack from Homeschool Creations
- Ocean animals tot book from Homeschool Creations
- Coral reefs
- Hello Ocean
- Sea turtles
- Sharks last five are from homeschoolshare
- Oceans lapbooks from homeschool free stuff
- Ocean printables
- Ocean Pack – 3 Dinosaurs
We won’t use everything from each lapbook just one or two booklets. M2 also likes to color so I always print out extra coloring sheets to go into his lapbook.
- Hello Ocean
- A Swim Through the Sea
- Over in the Ocean: In a Coral Reef
- Commotion in the Ocean
- Surprising Sharks
- What Lives in a Shell?
- Ocean (DK Eyewitness Books)
- The Magic School Bus on the Ocean Floor
- Way Down Deep in the Deep Blue Sea
- The Pout-Pout Fish
- In the Sea
- I’m the Biggest Thing in the Ocean
- Good Night, Little Rainbow Fish
I like to choose a lot of readers, and then one large encyclopedia for extra information, you never know what other questions they’ll have. I also take a DK eyewitness book because it has a lot of pictures although I hate reading from it. We just talk about the pictures.
- Foil Fish from The Nurture Store
- Whales and Water Ocean Activities from Little Bins for Little Hands
- Ocean in a Bottle from Happy Hooligans
- Oyster Pearls Craft from Things to Share and Remember
- Alphabet Ocean Hunt from I Heart Crafty Things
- Ocean Crafts from Enchanted learning
- Ocean Crafts from DLTK
Ocean Videos and Documentaries
We always incorporate education videos into our learning because you can read all you want but you get a better sense of things through video.