This post may contain affiliate links meaning I get commissions for purchases made through links in this post.
Read my disclosure policy here.
I’m finalizing my plans for our school year and I love getting down where I can see everything. I love reading other people’s homeschool curriculum plans as well. This year I have an 8th grader, this terrifies me very much because I’m just so nervous about whether or not I have prepared him enough for high school. There is definitely a lot that we need to work on in terms of time management and note taking. I really want him to own his school work and create a schedule that works for both of us.
I have 3 math programs listed for him because we just discovered Tabletclass Math at the end of last year. He really likes it but I had to back up and review some topics before we could progress in it. My son also loves Life of Fred so he wanted to continue on with the series. I don’t believe that the books alone work well for him as a standalone so we will work through the Saxon 8/7 test booklet to see where in the book he will need to start. I want him to continue on with Tabletclass math and see how it goes for him because it is working for him. I think we will work on Life of Fred in December and the end of the school year to over the summer as break from our regular program.
I’m still working on their reading list so will update this once it’s ready.
- Math: Life of Fred Pre-algebra – biology/economics + TabletClass Math + Saxon math 8/7
- Writing/Grammar: Essentials in Writing
- Science: Apologia Exploring Creation with Physical Science
- History: Veritas Press Greeks – Romans + The Human Odyssey Vol. 1 Pre-history to the Middle Ages
- French: French Essentials
- Reading Detective B1
- Meet the Masters
- Computer Programming – Game Maker’s Apprentice + Scratch
- Grid perplexors
- The Hobbit
- The Lord of the Rings
- Treasure Island
- Math: Singapore 1A & 1B
- Writing/Grammar: Writing with Ease + copywork
- Grammar: First Language Lessons
- Spelling: All About Spelling
- Phonics: Plaid Phonics A + B
- Science: Lapbooks – dinosaurs, oceans and whales + dolphins from Hands of a Child
- History: Children’s History of the World
- French: Duolingo