It’s that time of the year again – the leaves are changing colors and the air is getting cooler. It’s the perfect time to learn about pumpkins and all the fun things you can do with them! Look no further than my Pumpkin Worksheets for Kindergarten!
Get creative with your child’s lessons this fall season with my list of fun pumpkin activities for kids.
These worksheets are designed to spark curiosity and promote learning in a fun and interactive way.
This post may contain affiliate links meaning I get commissions for purchases made through links in this post. Read my disclosure policy here.
Fun Pumpkin Facts
Pumpkins are a type of fruit! They belong to the squash family and are packed with vitamins and minerals.
- Did you know that pumpkins come in different colors? While orange is the most common, you can also find pumpkins in white, yellow, green, and even blue!
- Pumpkins are very versatile! They can be used to make delicious pies, soups, bread, and even roasted seeds as a healthy snack.
- Have you ever seen giant pumpkins? Some pumpkins can grow to be as heavy as a small car! Imagine having a pumpkin that big in your backyard!
- The world’s heaviest pumpkin was recorded to weigh over 2,600 pounds! That’s like having a small elephant made entirely out of pumpkin.
- Picking pumpkins straight from the patch is a fun activity. You can visit a local farm and choose your own perfect pumpkin to take home and decorate.
- Pumpkins are full of seeds! Save the seeds after carving or cooking, and you can roast them for a tasty and crunchy treat.
- Pumpkins have been grown for thousands of years. They were first cultivated in Central America and were an important food source for ancient civilizations like the Mayans and Aztecs.
- Pumpkins aren’t just for Halloween. They’re also a symbol of fall and Thanksgiving. They add a festive touch to decorations and make a great centerpiece on the dinner table.
So there you have it, some fun pumpkin facts for you! Pumpkins are not only delicious and versatile, but they also have a rich history and bring joy to the fall season.
Recommended Pumpkin Books for Kids
These books are perfect for fall. Kids will love stories about growing, talking, or rolling pumpkins. Not only they are entertaining but educational, too!
Too Many PumpkinsSeed, Sprout, Pumpkin, Pie (Picture the Seasons)The Ugly PumpkinThe Roll-Away Pumpkin: A Wonderful & Whimsical Book for Kids! Perfect for the Fall or Autumn Season, Halloween, & Thanksgiving!How Big Could Your Pumpkin Grow?Pumpkin Jack
Pumpkin Worksheets for Kindergarten Supplies
- Printer (I have this one)
I have the HP printer 8710 but it’s not available anymore. It’s still running well for years now. Look for another HP Instant Ink-ready printer so that you can use their program to send you ink cartridges whenever your printer gets low on ink.
Recommended Pumpkin Toys
Let kids enjoy the fall season more with these pumpkin-themed toys for preschoolers and kindergarteners!
6 Pcs Lacing Toy Toddlers, Vegetable Wooden Threading Toys, Educational and Learning Montessori Activity Baby and Kids, Fine Motor Skill Toys, Pumpkin, Corn, Tomato, Eggplant, Broccoli, CarrotHalloween Wooden Puzzles Toys for Toddlers 1-3, Wooden Puzzles with Pumpkin, Bat, Ghost, Candy, Witch, Spider, Halloween Party Favors, Boys Girls, Kids Preschool Classroom Exchange GiftsParts of a Pumpkin Felt Set/Pumpkin Anatomy Felt Set/Pumpkin Unit Study/Fall Unit Study/Homeschool Unit Study/Montessori ScienceEducational Insights Plush Vegetable Garden 13-Piece Set: Pretend Food, Early-Learning Skills, Ages 2+WATINC 4Pcs Halloween Wooden Puzzles for Kids, Pumpkin Ghosts Jigsaw Puzzles Educational Learning Preschool Montessori Toys, Halloween Party Favors Treat Bags Birthday Gifts for Toddlers Boys Girls6 Pieces My First Pumpkin Toys Stuffed Animals Mouse Cat Spider Bat Pumpkin Stuffed Playset Pumpkin Plush Pillow for Halloween Thanksgiving Fall Harvest Little Pumpkin BabyShower Party Decoration
What’s included in the Pumpkin Worksheets for Kindergarten?
Pumpkins are not only a staple of fall decorations but also a great tool for learning. Children can learn about the life cycle of a pumpkin, counting, beginning sounds, and matching. Here’s what you can get by downloading the Pumpkin Worksheets for Kindergarten:
This worksheet allows children to focus on the beginning sounds of words. By filling in the missing letter, they will improve their phonics skills while learning new words.
Match the Pumpkins
Matching uppercase and lowercase letters helps children practice letter recognition and builds visual memory skills.
Count the Pumpkins
Counting and writing numbers can be fun! This page gives your child an opportunity to count and write numbers while also practicing fine motor skills.
Children can practice recognizing numbers and coloring inside the pumpkin frames. This worksheet also improves hand-eye coordination.
Life Cycle of a Pumpkin
This page is an interactive way to teach children about the life cycle of a pumpkin. By cutting and pasting the pictures of each stage in order, children learn about the growth and development of a pumpkin.
Pumpkin Worksheets are an excellent way to engage young learners in educational activities that are both fun and effective. These worksheets promote learning in a variety of ways and are perfect for homeschooling or as an extra activity for your child’s education.
Plus, pumpkins are a great way to introduce healthy eating habits and foster a love of the autumn season. Try out these worksheets for a fun and memorable learning experience!
Download the Pumpkin Worksheets for Kindergarten below
Print out these pumpkin pages to learn more about these fall treasures.
More Pumpkin Activities
Pumpkin Counting Worksheets on Homeschool Preschool
Pumpkin Number Matching Game on Crystal and Co.