Want a cute Felt Turkey Craft that your child can create on their own? If you have felt lying around your home, I love creating felt crafts because they’re simple to make and have bright colors to work with. While it’s not the easiest material to cut with scissors, I usually do the cutting part for younger kids, older kids will enjoy creating their own project.
Felt Turkey Craft Supplies
- Assorted pipe cleaners in your choice of colors
- Tan, red, black and white crafting felt
- Craft glue
Caydo Pipe Cleaners Chenille Stem, Assorted Colors, 200 Pieceflic-flac 44PCS 4 x 4 inches (10 x10cm) Assorted Color Felt Fabric Sheets Patchwork Sewing DIY Craft 1mm ThickAleene’s Quick Dry Tacky Glue 8ozWestcott 8
1. Begin by cutting out the body of your turkey, which will be a pear shape using the tan felt. You can just free hand this and just trim as needed to shape.
2. Next, cut out the eyes of your turkey. Two large white circles and two small black circles make the perfect eyes.
3. Finish the face features by cutting out an orange triangle for the beak and a squiggled red oval for the gobbler.
4. Assemble the face by gluing on the felt facial features as shown.
5. You can now create the feathers of your turkey by folding the pipe cleaners in half to create the feather look. Add generous dabs of glue at the end and press them to the back of the felt body. Hold in place until secure.
6. Your felt turkey is now complete and ready to be displayed. You can show it off as is or add it to the end of a wood craft stick to turn it into a puppet.
Recommended Thanksgiving Books for Kids
I have a bin with felt craft projects that my daughter likes to take out to play with occasionally. It’s a nice activity to have if you’re reading a book about Thanksgiving and you can add creative bits from the story as well.